Gemini Shale Solutions LLC (“Gemini“, “Company”, or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you and share or that you may provide when you visit the website www.geminishale.com, our online workplace and platform, including the associated mobile and desktop applications (collectively “Services“), including any subdomain of our Services, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, sharing and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Services.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Services.
- Through mobile applications you download, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Services.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number entered in text which may be personally identified or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as analytical information, IP address, flow tracking; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, Google analytics, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Your passwords, email, or name via access to our Services in the course of gaining access to utilize Services
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, data input actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Details of your utilization and usage of our Services in the course of conducting business via our Services
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include, but are not limited to:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between clients and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features with regard to our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Gemini’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Gemini about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. We will transmit the text and your personal information to the recipients in the course of business as related to our Services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gemini, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website or Services and visit your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on cloud-based secure servers behind firewalls. Certain sensitive personal user information (e.g., login passwords) will be encrypted while it is in motion. Gemini Services support the latest recommended secure ciphyer suites and protocols to encrypt all traffic in transit. Client and User data is encrypted at rest. Gemini partners with Tier One organizations and self-monitors the landscape closely to upgrade the Services to newly identified volnerabilities as they are discovered. Gemini implements best practices as they evolve.
Customer data is stored redundantly at multiple locations in our hosting provider’s data centers to ensure availability. We have tested, best-practice backup and restoration procedures. Client data and our source code are automatically backed up on a daily basis. Senior Technology Lead is alerted in the event of failure. Backups follow a rigorous testing process every quarter to confirm procedures work as expected.
Gemini maintains an extensive logging environment. In conjunction with our hosting partner, these logs are analyzed for security events via automated monitoring software, overseen by the hosting partner and internal Senior Techonology Lead.
In the event of a breach, Gemini will promptly notify you of any unauthorized access to Client data. Gemini has incident management policies and procedures.
Product Security Practices
New features, functionality, and design changes go through a security review process facilitated by the development team.
External Security Audits
Gemini contracts with respected external security firms who perform regular audits on a minimal annual basis. These partners monitor for new vulnerabilities. Our partners perform periodic and targeted audits.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Gemini is in process of receiving Service Organization Control (SOC) compliance. Please check back frequently for updates on our progress. A copy of the full report will be available for download.